This post includes links that may result in us earning a commission when you make a purchase using these links. These links do not incur any additional cost to you.
Welcome to our organic gardening books blog post, where we will showcase some of the most valuable and informative books available on the market for gardeners. Organic gardening is not only a hobby but also an art that requires passion, dedication, and knowledge. Whether you’re a seasoned organic gardener or just starting out, having the right resources is crucial to success.
In this post, we will highlight a variety of books for all levels of expertise in organic gardening. From beginner’s guides to expert advice, these books are packed with valuable information, tips, and tricks, and beautiful photographs that will help you create the garden of your dreams using organic methods. You’ll find information on everything from selecting the right plants for your climate and soil type, to designing and maintaining your garden using natural pest control, organic fertilizer, and composting, and dealing with pests and diseases.
Whether you’re looking to start your first vegetable garden, create a beautiful flower garden, or learn about the latest techniques in organic gardening, these books have got you covered. We have selected the best of the best, from the classic books to the latest releases, so you can be sure you’re getting the most up-to-date and accurate information.
So, grab a cup of tea, get comfortable and let’s dive into the world of organic gardening books. We are sure you’ll find something that will inspire you to start your next gardening project. From the selection of the right tools, to the design of your dream garden using organic methods, and the best way to take care of your plants, these books will be your best companions. You can easily buy these books on Amazon and shop for the best guide and easy reading experience that will help you grow your own flowers, vegetables and food. They are perfect for beginners who are looking to start planting and gardening for the first time or looking to improve their gardening skills over time.
This book is the perfect companion for every vegetable gardener—even those who have never touched a trowel and wouldn’t know mulch from mud! The practical advice presented in the Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook demystifies gardening by providing the best, most proven methods for sowing, growing, and harvesting.
Highlights include …
- Step-by-step advice for success with more than 30 vegetables in any zone
- The dirt on soil: why testing is so important—and how to do it
- Easy techniques for growing in-ground, plus alternatives to traditional raised beds
- Seed-starting and -saving methods simplified
- Gardeners’ friends and foes: which plants help (or hinder) vegetables
- Enlightening (and humorous!) anecdotes from fellow gardeners
- Space for noting observations and experiences
- More than 150 full-color photos
- Essential reference tables and charts
- Much, much more!
Created for new gardeners, green thumbs, and old hands alike, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is loaded with advice and inspiration to help plants—and growers—thrive.
Only The Old Farmer’s Almanac has the experience and longevity to offer the very best tried-and-true information, tips, and advice about all things gardening and growing. With the Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook, we are a patient master gardener passing down the secrets of growing great food to every gardener.
The vegetable gardener’s bible you’ve been waiting for is finally here!
Do you enjoy gardening and are curious about how to produce organic vegetables and fruits at home?
Would you want to create a personalized setting for growing flowers and plants in an eco-friendly yard, as they would in their native habitat?
Do you like traditional borders or flowers that will entice living creatures?
Do you wish to accelerate or prolong your growing season? Or even year-round growth?
Are you interested in cultivating plants with diverse environmental requirements, such as rainforest crops and perennials?
Have you ever considered battling increased food prices by cultivating fresh fruits, vegetables, and even herbs?
If the response to all these points is “yes,” and the idea of saving money on groceries by producing and consuming your food intrigues you, now you are at the right spot! It will be a fabulous garden for everyone to consider it is feasible with this planting guide, which provides you with essential tools to create whatever you wish for your magical garden.
With more than 50 photographs and comprehensive texts. This book “The Gardner’s Guide” Learn The Secrets Of Soil Mates and Grow a Happy Yard with The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Companion Planting, and the vegetable Garden Pest Handbook teaches you, how to design, seed, plant, and safeguard your garden year-round using professional advice and procedures that will ensure its success. Learn how to build with plants by creating inspiring displays with texture and color. You’ll also learn how to maintain your plants healthy with jargon-free guidelines to grooming as well as pest and disease prevention. Keeping a logbook or gardening journal of your garden’s activities can allow you to determine which crops are compatible and which are not, this is the ultimate celebration of the world’s most gorgeous gardens
This comprehensive guide has been developed to acquaint you with several planting techniques and their day-to-day administration. And to assist you in preserving the
optimal circumstances for the health and growth of any plant species you choose to cultivate in your yard.
Every vegetable grower should have this book by their side, even individuals who have never used a shovel and have no idea what mulching or mud is. By offering the best, most tried-and-true techniques for planting, producing, and harvesting, the useful information provided in this book explores gardening.
The encyclopedia of insects and diseases offers users a pictorial identification aid as well as in-depth explanations of potential damage. It is simple to select the optimal control due to the thorough presentation of the most modern organic management methods and products, which are given in terms of lowest effect to most intense intervention. In this book, “The Gardner’s Guide” Learn The Secrets Of Soil Mates and Grow a Happy Yard with The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Companion Planting and the vegetable Garden Pest Handbook You will explore many topics.
You’ve probably heard about the benefits of greenhouse gardening—fresh, year-round produce from the comfort of your own home. But you’re thinking… “How do I start?”
That’s where Greenhouse Gardening Guide for Beginners comes in.
If you have little or no experience with building greenhouses or gardening in general, then this book is for you. It will provide you with 200 pages of information and guidelines with everything you need to know about setting up a greenhouse and tending your garden.
Going into detail about planning the greenhouse structure as well as planning, planting, and growing the plants, this book will leave no question left unanswered.
By reading this book, you’ll discover:
- A clear Step to Step process to Choosing and Planning your Greenhouse, thanks to a chapter that explains how to control the temperature, the airflow, and the humidity of your greenhouse plus how to build the best foundation and flooring, and even how to make it stormproof by securing it against the effect of strong winds.
- A Super-Useful Year-Round Planting Calendar, so that you know what time of year is best to plant (and not to plant) and how to plan so that the greenhouse is full of healthy vegetables all year round
- A complete chapterwith detailed instructions on how to grow the most common and beginner-friendly vegetables, herbs, fruits and flowers
- Techniques for Extending the Growing Season where youlearn how to grow vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers year-round and even cacti, succulents and tropical plants like avocados and pineapples
- 10 Perfect Greenhouse Projects spelling outhow to build in a DIY way, even if you don’t have a big budget set aside for the garden, by using recycled materials
- Solutions to the Most Common Maintenance Problems, such as keeping pests and insects under control, and how to treat a range of diseases, so your greenhouse will always have healthy and productive plants
- Many Tips and Tricks to Get the Most out of Your Greenhouse that will ensure a plentiful harvest while avoiding mistakes that could waste time and money
- Suggests How a Greenhouse Project can Save Money at the Supermarket and even Lead to the Creation of a Business, detailinghow to turn your favorite hobby into a profitable business.
- … & Much more!
No matter what type of greenhouse you choose or what plants you want to grow, you can use this book as a complete beginner’s guide to getting your greenhouse up and running quickly.
A guide to creating and growing a backyard garden simply and sustainably—from planning to planting to harvest, with profiles of essential vegetables and herbs, ecological tips, and fun and creative projects
Growing food in your backyard (or even on a porch or windowsill!) is one of the simplest and most rewarding ways to nourish yourself, be self-sufficient, and connect with nature in a hands-on way. Here sustainability expert Julia Watkins shares everything you need to know to grow your own vegetables, fruits, and herbs (as well as wildflowers and other beneficial companion plants). The book covers all the nuts and bolts of creating and caring for your garden—planning, building, planting, tending, and harvesting—followed by a deeper dive into the plants themselves: demystifying annuals vs. perennials, cold-weather vs. warm-weather veggies, and profiles of favorite crops. Throughout, Julia offers tips for creating an eco-friendly and sustainable garden (such as vermicomposting, no-till “lasagna” gardening, and attracting pollinators), plus some fun and unexpected hands-on projects like how to build a bean teepee, make wildflower seed paper, and enjoy refreshing herbal lemonade ice pops.
Grow your own vegetable garden with this practical, straightforward gardening guide.
There is nothing more fulfilling than growing your own home produce. You don’t have to be a seasoned gardener to produce a healthy, flourishing garden — all you need is a few seeds, water, sunlight, good advice and patience!
In just one raised bed, author Huw Richards shows you exactly how to grow vegetables organically, abundantly and inexpensively so you have something to harvest every month of the year. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
• A month-by-month guide showing you what to do and how to do it, including what pests to look out for and what can be harvested
• Covers the first year in detail, with the final chapter on “Next Steps” providing suggestions of what to do in years two and three
• Illustrations show you what the bed should look like from month to month
• Includes instructions on assessing your site and building a 4 x 10ft raised bed
• Alternative vegetables are recommended, allowing readers to tailor their bed to their taste
Veg In One Bed shows you that you can have a small thriving garden and still be able to maintain it, yielding fresh vegetables all year round. Learn what to do each month on your windowsill, where you’ll raise seedlings and in your raised bed, where your plants will grow to maturity. Everything is explained in clear, illustrated steps: building your bed, growing from seed, planting, feeding and harvesting.
This gardening book not only guides you through the whole process of building your raised bed through to harvesting your vegetables, but also provides sustainable gardening practices that resonate with all gardeners committed to protecting our planet. This makes for the perfect book for new gardeners who want to grow their own produce, as well as the new generation of gardeners who are seeking a gardening guru of their own age.
This updated third edition of the best-selling gardening book in North America continues to inspire with planting charts, growing tips, and the know-how you need to grow more veggies than ever before.
Since Square Foot Gardening was first introduced by Mel Bartholomew in 1981, this revolutionary way to grow vegetables has helped millions of home gardeners enjoy their own organic, fresh produce in less space and with less work than traditional row gardens.
New and experienced gardeners will love the charts, photos, illustrations, and how-to tips in All New Square Foot Gardening, 3rd Edition—including 42 veggie-specific planting, growing, and harvesting guides—that make growing your own food fun, easy, and productive.
Perfect for experienced gardeners or beginners, you’ll learn the three simple steps to Square Foot Gardening: build a box; fill it with Mel’s Mix™; add a grid. No digging, no tilling, no fertilizing, no guesswork—less watering, waste, and weeding! There’s so much more packed in this 272-page instructional book—boost your organic vegetable harvest with inspiring how-tos such as:
- Adding trellises and archways to grow up and maximize your space
- Installing automatic watering systems
- Growing vegetables in dense urban areas with little or no yard
- Feeding your veggies the organic way with Mel’s Mix™
- Teaching STEM to kids with Square Foot Gardening—perfect for little hands
- Protecting your plants with shade and frost covers
- Managing pests in the garden with natural methods
Join the millions of gardeners around the world who grow their own organic, fresh produce with Square Foot Gardening, and make next season your best veggie harvest ever.
Start a thriving garden with the beginner’s guide to raised bed gardening
Are you interested in creating a bountiful garden but worried that you don’t have enough space? Raised-Bed Gardening for Beginners shows you how simple it can be to plan, build, and grow your own raised-bed garden in whatever space is available. Learn to build your bed, select the right plants, grow your own vegetables, and much more. This book makes it easy for even inexperienced gardeners to serve up freshly picked vegetables and herbs in no time.
Plant a flourishing garden in minimal space with:
- An introduction to raised-bed gardening―From constructing a planting box to mixing and maintaining soil, step-by-step instructions make getting started easy.
- Beginner’s guidance―Help your garden thrive with detailed suggestions for crop rotation, partner planting, seed starting, and growing zones.
- 30 easy-to-grow plants―Full profiles plus growing and harvesting tips on beginner-friendly vegetables and herbs make choosing the right ones for your garden a cinch.
Learn basic methods that will get you growing fast using this easy guide to raised-bed gardening.
Grow the most beautiful and colorful flowers!
You can develop and nurture a flower garden that is delightful to behold and easy to maintain and makes you smile through the seasons with tried-and-true wisdom from The Old Farmer’s Almanac. Whether you don’t know dead heading from dormancy or bonemeal from a bleeding heart or you have a flower-cutting bed that is the envy of local florists, you’ll quickly benefit from the time-saving tips, inspiring ideas, and proven techniques that pack this easy-to-use guide.
Learn how to HARVEST, GERMINATE, and KEEP YOUR SEEDS FRESH for years!
Do you want to be prepared, live self-sufficiently, and take care of your family to thrive in the uncertain and dark times that are coming?
We both know that food preservation is one of the better ways to store food for times of uncertainty, but… what about fresh foods?
What about the importance of having fresh veggies, fruits and herbs at any time?
Especially if you have children, the best solution is to own must-have nutrients and other micro-elements.
There is a secret method – within everyone’s reach – that can allow you to have fresh, nutritious food 365 days a year, no matter the climate or weather conditions.
What do you find inside “The Seed Saving Bible [7 Books in 1]” :
– A ton of high-quality pictures and guided illustrations: I strongly believe that a balanced fusion between professional instructions and images will take you from where you are to where you want to be.
– Book 1: Seed Saving History The Journey Begins: Go Back to Basics, Learn from the Past to Improve Your Future, and Be the Next Seed Master.
– Book 2: Seed Saving & Storing for Beginners: How to Harvest, Store and Keep Every Seed Fresh for Years, without Unpleasant Surprises. Seed Saving Demystified!
– Book 3: Seed Saving & Storing Advanced Hacks: A Collection of No-Brainer Methods to Build Your Seed Bank, and Live the Frugal Gardening Style. Amish Tricks Included.
– Book 4: Heirloom, Hybrid, Organic & GMO Seeds: Understand the Differences between Various Types of Seeds and Build Your Seed Bank without Headaches. Includes Gardening Secrets to Never Buy Vegetables Again.
– Book 5: Garden Germination Techniques: A Climate-Proof Guide to Germinate Your Seeds 5 Times Faster and Scale Up Seed Saving in a Few Weeks.
– Book 6: Seed Saving for Preppers Off Grid Survival Hacks Revealed: How to Create Your Own Survival Seed Kit and Harvest, Store and Preserve Seeds to Build a Time-Proof Long Term Pantry.
– A HUGE BONUS! Book 7: Make Money with Your Beloved Seeds: Learn how to Sell Excess Seeds, Monetize Your Hard Work, and Make Infinite ROI.
– And so much more!
It took me more than 5 years to write this 7-book collection and create a within-everyone-reach method – no matter where you live, how much time you have, how many your loved ones are.
This is why I am 100% sure that once you have read this collection, which explains in full detail from harvesting to storage, from germination to selling surplus seeds, you will have ALL the information and instruction you need to become a passionate and experienced seed saver.
Mini Farming describes a holistic approach to small-area farming that will show you how to produce 85 percent of an average family’s food on just a quarter acre—and earn $10,000 in cash annually while spending less than half the time that an ordinary job would require.
Even if you have never been a farmer or a gardener, this book covers everything you need to know to get started:
- Buying and saving seeds
- Starting seedlings
- Establishing raised beds
- Soil fertility practices
- Dealing with pest and disease problems
- Crop rotation
- Selling your produce arm planning, and much more.
Because self-sufficiency is the objective, subjects such as raising backyard chickens and home canning are also covered along with numerous methods for keeping costs down and production high. Materials, tools, and techniques are detailed with photographs, tables, diagrams, and illustrations.